Medical Equipment Management
Medical Equipment Management Service (MEMS) department provides King's College Hospital with a comprehensive medical equipment management service via a team of 20 technical, clinical Eng. and administration staff. King's achieved NHS Litigation Authority (NHSLA) Level 3 following a rigorous assessment in 2010 and we are proud to support the hospital in this by covering "maintenance of medical devices and equipment" and "medical devices training".
Our Services are delivered in accordance with MHRA (DB 2006) and we are registered to the quality management standard ISO 9001:2000 and ISO 13485:2003.
Main services offered:
- corrective maintenance
- planned preventative maintenance
- inventory management
- medical device lifecycle management (including commissioning and decommission)
- medical device safety management (medical devices safety alerts, incidents management)
- assists in newly developed techniques for research projects.
- medical equipment library
- medical devices training